Thursday, April 17, 2014

Would you feed these to your children?


Renee sent this photo to me and the following story:

"Hi Mary!  Autumn and I are at Target and came across Easter candy.  I picked up these peeps and asked Autumn if she thought this was God's food.  She replied, "No way, they look disgusting."  Then I asked her if she knew what the first ingredient was.  She said, "Sugar," and then I asked her what the second ingredient was and she said "Corn syrup."  She wasn't even looking at the label!  I was impressed and had to share :).  Thank you for teaching our precious children (and Moms) about God's foods.  Have a great night!  Renee

 
I thank God that I have been able to teach FoodsbyGod classes to a group of children this semester and have been able to plant some seeds.  They are a perfect age to learn and understand what has happened to our foods and how their choices will affect their health now and in the future.  Hearing this from Renee swelled my heart with praise for God - I love hearing how He has opened Autumn's eyes to His truth about our foods!
 
Thank you, Renee, for sharing this story.  It reminds me of a comment a mom made to me about 10 years ago.  I was showing her our chickens and my homemade soy-free chicken feed, and she said, "Wow, your chickens eat better than my children. In fact, your chickens eat better than most of the kids in the United States."
 
How sad is that?  Would you feed these purple 'peeps' to your children?  Not only do they have no nutritional value, they are loaded with toxins (heavily processed and artificial ingredients).
 
It is doubly sad that children are fed this toxic junk at Easter time, a time to be celebrating Jesus' resurrection - the whole Christian foundation of love and truth has gotten garbled in lies and deception for so many.
 
Last year I posted the way we have celebrated Easter with the boys over the years.  I pray that God opens your eyes concerning the foods you are feeding yourself and your children and that He helps you make better choices.
 
May God bless your efforts this Easter season,
 
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment