Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sugar is REALLY that bad

Tom, my college son, sent me the link to this Babble post about sugar.  It sums up nicely all the reasons not to eat sugar that I have been touching on over the past year, so I thought I'd pass this link on to you. 


Read this - take this seriously.  I thank God that I have completely cut sugar out of our diet and that my sons and husband are not addicted to sugar.  Though I freely admit that I was/am a sugaraholic, recovered luckily.  I personally know and understand the power of sugar.  It does make you sick, not only physically, but mentally.  It has absolutely no nutritional benefit and it is so addictive (the only reason people keep eating it when it has no benefit and causes obesity?). 

Though my family eats nothing that contains processed sugar (watch out it has lots of names; cane syrup, brown sugar, raw sugar, dextrose, evaporated cane juice, etc.), we do enjoy sweets in moderation.  But we use the natural sweeteners that God has provided (honey, dried fruits, pure maple syrup), and these (for me) are not addictive like man's processed sugar.  I have provided many recipes to get you started.

Take a look at this post and see for yourself.  Share it with your kids and spouses.  Satan is tricky and cunning.  If you or a family member is trapped in the sugar lure, be sure to take it to God in prayer; He will help you escape.
 
Thanks, Tom, great job finding this!

"So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!  No temptation has seized you except what is common to man.  And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."  1Corinthians 10:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment