Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Week 36

Be intentional.


Be intentional!  This is something that Jennifer taught me last year in the area of house cleaning and decluttering.  But it is a wonderful principle to follow for success in all areas of one's life! 

If you want to make changes, you must be intentional about your efforts.  The meaning of this did not sink into my brain right away.  Jenn states in her ebook to start each day making one's bed.  I have started this habit - intentionally forcing myself to make my bed in the morning.  I quickly learned that there is something wonderful that lifts my spirit when I walk in my bedroom now and see my bed made!  I love it and it starts my day out right.

The same is true with what one eats.  If you start your day with a good morning routine, such as the'break fast' plan (drinking water, eating a piece of fruit and then having a good breakfast), it starts your day off right and sets you up for success with food for the day.

Even more important to the success of your day is beginning your day spending time with God.  Filling yourself with praise and worship of our wonderful God, creator of heaven and earth, sets you up with a joyful heart.  I grab my glass of water and my Bible first thing in the morning.  I ask God to fill me with His spirit and to guide my day.    

All of these actions - making your bed, drinking a glass of water and eating some fruit, praising God and spending some time in His word (Psalms are a great place to start - songs of praise to God) - must be intentional acts.  Soon they will become habits and you will be so blessed as you grow in each of these areas.  Do these things, intentionally fill yourself with the best things - both the food you feed your body and the food you feed your soul, and the peace of God will be with you.

Be intentional this week!


"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you."  Philippians 4: 8 - 9

No comments:

Post a Comment