Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Foods By God Testimony: Jennifer

My friend and team helper, Jennifer, wrote up this guest post.  Thank you, Jenn, for sharing.  I hope she inspires you.  My prayer is that each of you will have the same success! 




When Mary contacted me about two months ago to help her start her blog and be a participant in her new “Foods By God” class, I can best describe this as God’s perfect timing. Although, I had taken Mary’s classes about five years ago and at that time had seen the benefits of eating a God-made diet, my family and I had seriously fallen away from that diet. We were eating a diet that consisted of too many man-made foods and our health was suffering. 

I was having frequent migraines that were at times debilitating and I had even started taking a preventive medicine that was really impairing my thinking. My seven-year-old daughter, Haley, was complaining of headaches and frequent stomachaches. I’d been dealing with back problems for two years, thus my ability to exercise had pretty much diminished. So, I attributed my lack of energy to the fact that I wasn’t exercising like I used to, not my diet.

While helping Mary with her blog, I really felt like God opened my eyes to what our problems were most likely caused by: food. So, I began changing what our family eats rapidly. Since I had the knowledge that Mary had graciously given me five years ago and by just being her friend since, I had the tools to make the changes. I immediately stopped taking the migraine prevention medicine that really wasn’t even working and set to move our family to a God-made diet.

We’ve only been at this for a month and a half at best and the results are astounding. My headaches are almost gone and my energy has improved dramatically. Probably one of the most fun results I can best describe are my tastebuds coming alive! God’s foods taste amazing when you remove all of the artificial man-made foods. An orange really can and will taste better than candy! Now, that I have way more energy, I have the energy to bake and prepare meals for my family. 

Haley’s stomachaches and headaches have disappeared. We have cut all added sugar from her diet. She attended a friend’s birthday party the other day and I explained to her that she could eat the cake if she wanted to but she might end up with a stomachache later. She did eat the cake and did have a stomachache. I think it was a good lesson. The next day we made Mary’s brownie recipe and she said, “these are the best brownies I’ve ever had!”. I explained to her that we can still eat wonderful treats, they just need to be made with good ingredients. She had another birthday party just two days later and chose not to eat the cake, point well taken!

I’ve also noticed while eating God-made foods that the kids and I are not craving bedtime snacks like we used to. That is making some of the “bedtime battles” a lot easier!

I have only been back on track of eating what my body needs for a little while and my health and my family’s health has improved dramatically. I have even lost weight without exercising! I am so thankful for Mary and what I believe to be the mission that God has given her:  teaching people to eat the wonderful food that He always intended for us to eat.

God bless you on your journey to health!

2 comments:

  1. Love your story Jennifer. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear about the rewards/benefits to your family's health so quickly. I am noticing benefits to our relationships with each other, especially my three boys. I am also so thankful for Mary, she is so sweet and talented and a wonderful teacher!!

    ReplyDelete