Friday, July 12, 2013

Does What You Eat Make a Difference? Peggy's Story


I met Peggy (far left) and her daughter this spring at a FoodbyGod class.  Jennifer shared Peggy's recent results from her doctor's appointment on the FoodsbyGod Facebook page.  Oh, my, I was so happy, for Peggy and for her sharing her story of the amazing results that can be had eating a diet of God's foods!!!  After seeing what Jenn wrote, I asked Peggy if she could write up a post for us too.  Don't forget how important it is to include healthy fat in your diet.  Here is what she wrote (thanks, Peggy and congratulations - awesome results):

I have been using coconut oil for over 2 years.  I knew it was good for us, but didn't realize how radically good it was until recently.  My family has a history of heart disease.  My father suffered horribly from its effects.  I have kept an eye on my own health and was diagnosed with a 30% blockage at the top of my heart 4 years ago.  30% - that is almost 1/3! I tried not to worry too much but it was a burden to carry.

On Monday (7-1-13) I had a shooting pain through my shoulder blade into my chest.  It stopped me dead in my tracks.  Although it didn't last long, I was concerned.  So I chewed and swallowed an aspirin and tried to remember the signs of heart attack.  Should I call an ambulance or not?  Should I?  When I began to get dizzy and light headed, I called.

The cardiologist at the hospital said it definitely was not my heart, but scheduled me for a stress test the next day.  It turned out well, but he went further and scheduled an angiogram since I had told them my history.  The results of the angiogram were miraculous to me!  NO blockage at all. A normal healthy heart.  Wow!

As I digested all this, I remembered the results of my bone scan earlier this year. It returned better than the one of 4 years ago.  Without medication (which caused severe pain in my thigh bone). My doctor said that "rarely happens"!

God created our diet to nourish and repair our bodies.  Mankind, in his own wisdom, has altered all that is good and true to the point that our entire nation suffers.  Learn how to eat foods raised and processed by your own hand or by those you trust.  Not only will your health thank you but so will your taste buds!

Psalm 103:1-5 ...satisfies my mouth with good things so my strength is renewed like the eagle's.
 
Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment