Monday, December 31, 2012

Weekly Challege - Goals for the New Year


Happy New Year!  This is a photo of my guys from 2007, enjoying a toast of sparkling cider.  We still eat most of our meals together.  I am blessed.  There is something special about enjoying good food with family and friends.  To me, this is a small glimpse of what heaven will be like. 

The beginning of each year is a very exciting time for me.  I challenge you to join me on a path to eating better this coming year and enjoying good food with your family and friends.

My goals for each of us include:

1.  Achieving greater energy, vitality, and improved health.
2.  Recognizing and eliminating foods that control us, that we have to have daily.
3.  Having fun learning about and eating the foods created by God
4.  Strengthening our connections with our family and friends by enjoying  delicious home-cooked meals together.

I encourage you to think of your own personal goals for this coming year.  Do you want to lose weight or do you want to overcome a specific health problem?  Perhaps you want to be free of sugar, salt, or caffeine cravings.  Maybe you just want to become comfortable planning and cooking meals.  Or do you only need some encouragement and support from others.   Whatever your goal, may you look back on the year next New Year's Eve with a smile upon your face!

Think about your goals, pray about your goals, and write them down.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a wonderful God-centered New Years goal challenge. With God, all things are possible. My over-arching goal is to run faster. To do this, I want to shed some pounds and engergize my body with God's foods, and limit man-made food. Together. With God.

    ReplyDelete