Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Weekly Challenge: In advance

Find at least one person to connect with.

I challenge you to find at least one person to connect with on your journey to achieve energy, vitality and good health.  This should be someone that you see regularly, preferably daily.  The changes I will be recommending you make and the weekly challenges I will present are against the norm.  I know from the past 30 years, just how hard it is to stick to your goals without the support and encouragement of others.  It is extremely difficult in our modern society of man-made foods and pills (for all aches or ailments) to make counter-culture changes to your diet, going back to the foods God made for our nourishment.  Thus, it is critical to your success that you share this journey with another person(s).

The person you connect with should be doing these weekly challenges with you and believe that eating foods as created by God is important.  It could be your spouse, a sibling, your child, a neighbor, a co-worker, or a good friend.  If possible, involve more than one person.  It is so much easier and more fun when working on a goal with the support of others. 

If you feel you are all alone on this journey, let me be the person you connect with.  I encourage you to join this blog and share your struggles and praises throughout the week or send me a personal email (divinefoodsbygod@yahoo.com).  If you live in the North Dallas area, join me at my class once a month.  Let me walk with you, pray for you, and give you encouragement to help you succeed. 

Some of the challenges may be very easy for you and some may be extremely difficult.  Everyone's situation is unique.  Some weeks you may be the encourager and others you may need the encouragement.  Don't try to do this alone.

Trust in the healing power of God's foods and trust in God's promises.  As Jesus tells us, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your soul."  Matthew 11: 28 - 29.

3 comments:

  1. I'm very excited about these upcoming challenges! Having a partner on this journey to health would make it much easier to stay accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris is one of my class helpers. She has had a couple week jumpstart - reviewing notes from previous classes which I taught. She will be a great encouragement to many of you, as she is to me. Her achievements over the past few weeks are outstanding. I will let her share her accomplishments but wanted to say - way to go, Kris! May God continue to bless you and strengthen you.

    ReplyDelete