Monday, February 11, 2013

Mexican Layer Dip

 
 

This is a great recipe to play with and vary depending upon the ingredients you have available. 

Ingredients:

1 - 2 cups refried beans (I make my own but you can also use Bearitio Refried Beans in a can; I like the Green Chili ones)
1 cup gaucamole (I make my own or use Wholly gaucamole)
1 cup sour cream (don't use low-fat - I like Organic Valley or Wallaby organic)
1 Tbl Taco Seasoning or Mexican Seasoning (I use Frontier)
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 - 1 cup salsa (I like Muir Glen's Chilpotle Salsa)
1 - 2 cups grated cheese (I use a mix of organic, or white, cheeses.  Grate your own - it is cheaper and pre-shredded cheese has anti-caking chemicals added to it.)

Mix the taco seasoning with the sour cream.

On a large plate with edges (as shown in the photo), spread first a layer of refried beans, and then a layer of gaucamole.  Next spread on the sour cream mixture, making sure to completely cover all gaucamole so it doesn't turn brown.  Then sprinkle on green onions and salsa.  Lastly, top with grated cheese.  Keep in refrigerator; can be made a day in advance.

Serve with organic tortilla chips (only eat organic corn products since almost all non-organic corn that is grown in the United States is GMO, genetically modified).


No comments:

Post a Comment