Sunday, April 21, 2013

Jennie's Southwestern Fried Eggs

 
My friend, Jennie, told me about this dish which her family loves.  Tonight I tried it with fried eggs over easy (if you have good quality eggs, cook the whites and leave the yolks runny for optimal nutrition).  Last night we had our eggs scrambled with French toast on the side - both ways were delicious.  Extremely simple to make and great flavor. 
 
 
 
You can make your own green chili sauce or here is a good option that is sold at Costco.  This 505 brand of green chiles contains Hatch green chiles, a specialty of New Mexico.  My husband grew up in New Mexico and introduced me to Hatch green chiles when we first met; be sure to try flat green chili enchiladas with an egg of top if you ever visit New Mexico.



Jennie puts a dollop of sour cream on top.  I made some homemade yogurt 'sour cream' for our topping.  (Another great recipe from my friend, Lynn, which I will post tomorrow.)


Ingredients (serves 4 adults):

8 - 12 range-free good quality eggs
1 tsp kelp granules, to salt eggs with
1 - 2 Tbl milk (if making scrambled eggs)
a little butter or coconut oil to grease skillet

Green chili sauce
Sour cream or homemade yogurt 'sour cream' topping

Scramble eggs  or fry over easy in a skillet (that does not contain a nonstick coating).  Place on a plate and add a scoop of green chili sauce and a dollop of sour cream on top. 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment