Thursday, April 25, 2013

Karen's Chocolate Pudding and Chocolate Milk



Karen, who went 100 % a month ago and shared her successes with us, came up with this recipe.  Jon, my youngest, who loves to make things in our Vitamix blender, has been making it almost daily!  The texture is just like pudding.  I changed Karen's recipe just a bit to include coconut oil.  This raw food pudding is an excellent way to pack in LOTS of great nutrition.  So good in fact, that my son had a small bowl of leftover pudding the other day with his breakfast!  Thanks, Karen for your great ideas and enthusiasm.

Ingredients:

1 banana
1 avocado
2 Tbl good quality cocoa (unsweetened)
2 Tbl raw honey
1 Tbl maple syrup
1 Tbl coconut oil (gently heated to melt if solid)
 
Place all ingredients in blender except coconut oil and process until smooth.  Slowly pour in coconut oil while processing.  Dish and enjoy!
 
Since I hate to waste anything, I had to find a way to use all of that delicious chocolate pudding left in the bottom of the blender that you can't get out.  So Jon and I worked on making chocolate milk with it!  We never have chocolate milk because all of the syrups, even the organic ones, contain sugar.  What a special treat this has been.


Chocolate Milk:

Place in the blender that contains the remainder of the chocolate pudding (shown above):
 
2 cups of milk (we use fresh milk)
1 Tbl raw honey
1 cup ice
 
Process until frothy and enjoy immediately.
 

 




1 comment:

  1. My girls and I had this as a mid-morning snack today and it was INCREDIBLE! I was actually shocked by how delicious it was. Even my husband, who was pretty skeptical when he heard the recipe, tried a spoonful and admitted it was surprisingly tasty. This is definitely going in our recipe box and I know we will enjoy it frequently.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Krista

    ReplyDelete