Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Weekly Challenge - Week 25 (June 18, 2013)

Clean out your refrigerator. 


 


You should have been expecting this one, since I mentioned it last week.  If you have two refrigerators (one in which you keep sodas, etc.), then clean it out too. 
 
When you clean your refrigerator, I want you to look for two things.  First, look through everything and toss anything that is looking like a science fair project (moldy) and anything past its expiration date.  Next, toss anything that contains ingredients on the ingredients/foods to avoid list.  If you are going to eat a diet of 100% God-made foods, you cannot have any poor quality processed food within reach.  They are addictive; you will not be able to resist them.  Get rid of them.  Find and buy only good quality foods.
 
The two photos above are snapshots of my refrigerators that I took when writing up this post.  I did not do any cleaning prior to snapping the photos.  I wanted you to see how my refrigerators really look if you would stop in to see me. 
 
These shots are pretty typical.  The 'leftovers' vary by season and week-to-week depending upon what I have made the last few days.  I just went on my grocery store shopping loop, and I baked two Costco chickens and made two pots of broth, so my refrigerators are very full right now.  But don't worry, we will eat all of this food before it goes bad.
 
We seldom throw away any food in our house.  Since we have several little containers of leftovers right now, we will be having a smorgasbord of leftovers for lunch.  I love leftovers, a free meal that requires no preparation!  Don't let your leftovers rot in your refrigerator.  I find that home cooked leftovers made with top quality ingredients taste very good reheated, sometimes even better than the first time for some soups and stews.
 
I also plan my meals around the 'oldest' produce that I have so that none rots and needs to be tossed.  Both of my refrigerators are filled with fresh produce; a definite staple in our home.
 
You need to first clean out your refrigerator before restocking it since you must come home and immediately put your purchases away.  So work on cleaning out your refrigerator, then wipe down the shelves if they are dirty, and you will be ready to go on a grocery store shopping loop.  I will do posts on what I keep stocked in my refrigerator and my typical shopping loop.
 
Don't forget, eating 100% God-made good quality foods is a blessing!  It is not a matter of what you don't get to eat, but what you DO get to eat.  Enjoy, have fun, and feel good for doing so.

Don't forget, next week you will be cleaning out the freezer.  So don't buy anything at your next trip to the grocery store that you will need to toss out!
 
Advanced challenge for those already eating 100% God-made foods:
 
The same as last week.  Toss anything that contains processed refined sugar (which has many names such as cane syrup, raw sugar, evaporated cane juice, brown sugar, beet sugar, fructose, glucose, etc., etc. ).  Look at ingredient labels and don't be fooled by the marketing ploys.  Even if something is organic, such as jellies and jams, they are not good for you if the contain sugar, even organic sugar. 
 
"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life."  Psalm 143:8

1 comment:

  1. Great weekly challenge! I threw away a few "science experiments". Well, one was really unfortunate, a practically full bag of cherries that had gotten pushed to the back and forgotten about, ugh! We also threw away some leftovers that we should have eaten like pinto beans. This convicted us, we need to do a better job in this are for sure!

    ReplyDelete